Ballard FC depends on volunteers across many aspects of the club. Volunteering is a great way to connect to Ballard FC by learning new skills, meeting other community members involved in the project and helping us succeed in our season. Interested in volunteering and want more information?
Fill out our Volunteer Agreement and Code of Conduct to get started and to receive volunteer communications for the season!
UPDATE: We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis — you may still apply, but know that after February 7th we will have moved all applicants thus far either into the next round or pulled them out of the running. To qualify in that first round please apply to your chosen position(s) by February 7th. If you apply after the 7th your application may not be reviewed owing to time constraints and the large amount of qualified applicants we have already received. —
Applications are now open for our 2024 Internship Program! Interning with the club is a great way to gain exposure working in sports and can help further your career in numerous avenues including marketing, operations, broadcasting, and more! Former interns with the club have experienced championships together and gone onto work in different sports related jobs, including the MLS and even starting their own USL2 club!
At Ballard FC attention to detail is a key trait that sets us apart. The internship application is broken into two tracks — please weigh them carefully before applying. The first track listed is the Marketing track, which will provide the ability to apply for the following roles: Social Media Intern, Digital Content Intern, Broadcast Intern, and Main Camera Operator.
The second track is the Operations track, which provides the options to apply for the following roles: Game Day Operations Intern, Beer Garden Intern (must be 21+), Retail and Product Solutions Intern, and Community Relations + Youth Camps Intern.
Applicants may apply for multiple roles and roles in different tracks, though discretion is encouraged — i.e. apply for the role(s) you’re best suited for and not every single one!
All interns enjoy many benefits of working at the Club, including:
- Flexible work schedule and policy outside of game days
- Access to BFC leadership for professional development, recommendations, and career networking (past interns have gone onto work at places like the MLS and even start their own USL2 clubs!)
- Encouragement by BFC leadership to follow passion projects and desired “stretch” roles — i.e. if you’re good at your role and proving yourself, you’ll get an opportunity to do more
- Interns will work May 1 – July 31, 2024 as a contractor for the Club with an estimate of 5-15 hours of work per week, though this range may change as the season goes on — also dates may vary based on the US Open Cup (beginning in March 2024) and USL2 Playoffs (ending in early August 2024)
- Attendance at all home matches at Memorial Stadium is mandatory to qualify for any role. You must be in Seattle for the summer — none of these roles are “remote.”
- Compensation for internships is $19.97/hour. The intern will be employed as a contractor and paid monthly.
If you have further questions you may direct them to email@example.com. We also always recommend volunteering as a unique and rewarding experience to engage at a deeper level with the club. And it’s a great route to an internship — multiple volunteers from past seasons have made their way into internships and roles with the club!
We are not currently hiring outside of our internship program. Please check back here or follow us on LinkedIn for future job opportunities.
Ballard FC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.