Ballard FC is excited to introduce our homestay program for 2023! Families will have the opportunity to host Ballard FC players from around the world between May-July. The homestay program allows players to live in Seattle and be part of Ballard FC to further their professional soccer development, become part of the amazing Ballard community, and help Ballard FC be successful on and off the field.
- Four season tickets
- Four 2023 supporters scarves
- 25% off merchandise
- Provide housing from May 1 – August 4
- At the minimum the host family must be able to to provide the player with: his own room that includes a bed, a desk and chair, sufficient storage space, an internet connection, smoke detector in or by the player’s bedroom, linens/blankets/pillows/towels, laundry facility with detergent, and a bathroom.
- Families with more private living arrangements like a mother-in-law suite, backyard cottage, or private floor with bathroom and kitchen are STRONGLY encouraged to apply and will receive priority
- It is encouraged to assist with transportation and food as needed but it is not required
- Ballard FC will provide ongoing support from beginning to end with forthright communication and availability for assistance with move in, move out, and any other needs
- We will run background checks for both the players and homestay families
- We will create a contract for all parties to detail expectations for both the family and player to ensure all parties are aligned
- We will provide transportation support as needed in the form of a bus card and food support as needed with a grocery card
To be considered, please complete the homestay family application here: https://forms.gle/nX4eoXy4G6niEVgq8
Please fill out the application with as much detail as possible and we will reach out within two weeks to meet you in person to discuss the details and walk through your potential homestay site. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
“My family and I absolutely loved hosting Mako and Lesia at our home for the inaugural Ballard FC season. Chris and Sam partnered with us to ensure that we had thought of all matters of business and we felt very supported while the players were with us. Once Mako and Lesia arrived, they quickly became part of the family. Having three sons who are soccer players helped! My sons enjoyed soccer in the backyard with the guys and playing FIFA on the playstation. We shared meals together and of course attended most of the home matches throughout the season. This experience gave my family an up close and personal look into semi professional soccer and a cultural experience that we would not have otherwise been afforded. We are grateful Ballard FC reached out with the homestay program! If you have space in your home and a love of soccer and community, you should definitely consider hosting a player this spring!”
– Katie Lyden, 2022 Homestay Family